Thursday 5 October 2017

Nigel Imminent Return Is Nigh

Nigel should be home later today, hopefully in time to watch tonight’s Extra Slice with Darrell and I, amidst much tangible and palpable excitement I am sure.
IMG_5237 And from what I gather, he hasn’t wasted any of his spare time in our glorious capital city, including critiquing his room décor, something I think he has “caught” off Darrell.
IMG_5252IMG_5255
The art work, he said,  left him with a feeling that perhaps he might need to get his eyes tested, as he couldn’t work out if it was him or the picture that was out of focus.
IMG_5257IMG_5260
The curtains and counterpane also left him completely uninspired, but the view over London, looking towards Kings Cross and St Pancras, in his estimation, made up for said decor…….
IMG_5265IMG_5267
…… Nigel does like a good vista, even if it isn’t exactly classically beautiful!
IMG_5250IMG_5251
The hotel breakfast also impressed and was much to Nigel’s taste, it was full and splendidly unlimited as described  ….  several times over, I believe ……
IMG_5239IMG_5230
…… enough, Nigel explained, to afford him enough energy to take in the sights and airs of the South Bank ….
IMG_5240IMG_5241
…… embracing a little sandcastle building ……..
IMG_5232IMG_5235
……. and the book market.
IMG_5268IMG_5269
He then decided to move on to Spitalfields Market for it’s public art work, including Kenny Hunter’s I Goat ……..
IMG_5272
… and Ali Grant’s A Pear and A Fig. http://www.spitalfields.co.uk/public-art/
IMG_5273
……. before a little choice mooching in the craft market ……
IMG_5276
……. plus a cheeky cocktail in the Cocktail Village  before finally carefully wending his way back to the bosom of his family…….. bless his little cotton socks!!!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I used to go to the South Bank a lot, when I lived in London.

That breakfast looks great! I'm sure I would have overindulged.

Di said...

What fun - but I bet the room didn't ripple?! That only happens in Swindon I believe :)

Hugs

Di xx