Friday 3 July 2015

We’re In The Draw To Win A Cow, Just How Exciting Is That??????

I am not a great enterer of competitions, but, when I saw the competition on the back of our shredded wheat packet, I thought that it would be rude not to enter!
After experiencing all things of an idyllic countryside type nature at Hugh’s, who wouldn’t want to win a cow of their own …… in my country tinted glasses a cow just seemed to be such a romantic prize to win.
However, after a little more considered thought, I realised that perhaps the grounds of Castle Greysquirrel,  though ample for our needs, may not be the most suitable place in which to keep a cow, and so decided, should we win said cow, I would offer it to Hugh first, although what his “man that does” would say at the prospect of the addition of a cow, I just don’t know!
But, when I logged onto the competition website, I saw that they weren’t actually giving away a “real” cow as a prize, but free milk for a year, with a plush cow toy thrown in.  Which to be honest, was a relief, because what would I have done if Hugh didn’t want our cow?  So I entered, free from the potential worry of where to house a prize cow…….
…… with, instead the prospect of winning two pints of milk every day for a year …… which to be honest would come in very useful as Nigel must drink that every day anyway!
And,  for my trouble, I also got a coupon for a free pint of milk …… so I was a winner already……. only thing now is I need to find out where I can use it ….. hoping it isn’t somewhere on the other side of town ….. if it is, I will send Darrell!!!!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Good luck with the competition.
Free pinta - a winner already.

PharmacyMichele said...

Ooooh-good luck!!! I love to enter competitions so I know how exciting it is.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!....whew! a milk prize would certainly prevent a complicated Nigel situation.....best of luck!.....Dianne