Thursday 14 August 2014

The Worries Of A Genial Host.

I know that Hugh has told us that we are to treat him as a normal human being and not someone who is “really, really famous and fabuuuuuuulous darrrrrrrling”  who just happens to be staying with ordinary people for a few days to cleanse his karma,  but we still want to show him the sort of hospitality he is used too and that we feel proud of ……..  but what do you feed “really, really” famous and fabulous people?
I am trying to put together an order from Tesco ……..
….. but they don’t seem to have the sort of posh food that is bread and butter to Hugh.
I’ve asked Darrell what he eats when he is at Hugh’s but he says Hugh always calls them “Mere fripperies Darrrrrling!”  …… which is no help at all!
I guess I am just going to have to wing it …… and give everything a French name when I serve it …… so I guess I will be mostly serving saucisse et purée  or haricots sur toast and riz au lait for pudding, easy peasy, why on earth did I worry?!!!!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Sounds like a good plan.
You could contact the theatres and movie companies where Hugh has worked and ask them.

Anonymous said...

I fancy some of those Mere Fripperies you mention - will they have them at Lidl do you think??? JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Just be yourselves and all will be well......Hugh is already a devoted good friend and likes you just as you are!.....all will be delicious when good friends share a meal......Dianne