Saturday 23 August 2014

Hugh And Darrell Do Shrewsbury …..

As soon as Hugh and Darrell reached Shrewsbury they decided that the best course of action was to drop off Hugh’s Louis Vuitton trunk at their hotel as it was rather heavy in a showbiz type way, and  then after they had signed in under assumed names …..because that is what Hugh usually has to do to stay one step ahead off the “paps” ……
……. they thought that they might as well avail themselves of the pleasures of the hotel’s hospitality.
“Oh Darrell zis is soooo lovely and such a vunderful treat to be being normal and I am very much liking zis cocktail, I have never sipped zee bubbly lager before no?”
……. And then, they became aware of a gentleman standing behind them …..
…… who then tapped Hugh on the shoulder, something Hugh isn’t very used ….. like the Queen he doesn’t really like being touched.
“Excuse me sir” the said gentleman said “It is, isn’t it? It is …… you?” Hugh sort of looked at the gentleman and said quietly “It might be, no?”
The gentleman continued, “I’m afraid our Receptionist recognised you when you signed in and there’s no doing with her now” who also revealed himself as the manager “I do hope you don’t mind, but we would like to make you our VIP Guest if you would accept the honour!”
“Oh, zis is very kind of you, no?  I would love to accept zee honour but I am trying to be a leettle bit incognito no ….. so we keep zis between ourselves, no? I do not wish that you have zee paps hammering on zee door all night, no?”
“I quite understand sir” the manager replied tapping his nose conspiratorially, “It is a great, great honour to have you with us and I will make sure someone comes over with some complimentary nuts to go with your drinks right away.” he then bowed and walked backwards, continuing to bow until he returned to the reception desk. 
Darrell and Hugh then continued to sip their lager drink and sighed, “How kind ……  complimentary nuts!”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the LV luggage might be a giveaway should the paps be skulking around .........they do seem to make life more complicated.......Dianne

Mr.D said...

Wow - how nice.
I bet the nuts were great too.

marc said...

You Will have to ask My dear dear friend what names we used when on our trip it was so exciting for him he said it was like being in a spy movie we slept where my old friend charles dickens and that man who said we all descended from humans Darwin stayed but thats all i will say big air kiss and showbiz wave Hugh alas ......

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - loving it, chuckling away here - I think I'm nuts! JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

What names did you use?
Laurel and Hardy?
Chas and Dave.
Pearl and Dean?
Batman and Robin?
I Googled the clue to where you stayed - it must have been the Lion Hotel. "
The Lion Hotel has a rich history, counting among its many distinguished guests Charles Dickens (The Pickwick Papers were written here), Charles Darwin, Benjamin Disraeli and the legendary violinist Paganini, who played here in August, 1833."
They will have to update this list to include Hugh.
Dickens also stayed in my old village nearby, Shifnal. It was the inspiration for The Old Curiosity Shop.

marc said...

mr d there is no getting past you on a foggy night it was the lion hotel Darrell did us proud but you will have to ask him what names we used my lips are sealed big air kiss wave Hugh

Mr.D said...

OK. Hugh says I have to ask Darrell what names you used.
Darrell - what names did you use when you signed in?