Wednesday 29 January 2014

Nom, Nom, Nom

Darrell was most anxious to get Nigel’s and my most considered opinion on his Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake ……
Picture16
…… however, he was also very nervous, as our opinions are always robustly honest, at times unforgiving and with little margin for error, and as such there was a chance (admittedly, a very small one) that he could fall upon his sword (or cake knife), in the Mary Berry/Paul Hollywood comestible baking sense!
Picture17
But, undeterred Darrell cut us a most amply proportioned portion ……
Picture18
…….. of which Nigel and I availed ourselves a few seconds to admire it’s deep red colour, it’s light spongeyness and to inhale it’s enticing vanillary fragrance ……
Picture19
….. leaving Darrell to hang robustly onto our every facial expression and nuance of body language, waiting for a mmmmm or a nom.
Picture20
He didn’t have to wait long ……
Picture21
…… his cake was well off our Richter Scale of Noms, with an unbelievable 98.5 out of ten!
Picture22
If ready bought cake mixes were allowed on The Great British Bake Off Darrell would surely win …….
Picture23
……. with Nigel announcing …….  it was to die for ……..……. before asking for more!
Picture24

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Nigel seems to have gone non crazy.
Please sir, can I have some more?

Anonymous said...

WOW..It looks even more delicious when it is cut into that fantastic mouth watering slice! the texture... that colour...couldn't possibly be more heavenly and perfect!......Dianne

marc said...

all I can SAY IS I WANT MORE BIG LOVE MARC

Anonymous said...

I somehow think this might innocently appear in my shopping trolley when I'm on a supermarket sweep (oh those were the days! Come back Dale Winton all is forgiven. I'm In it to Win It all the way).
JantheFan x