Tuesday 23 October 2012

A Present Of A Practical Type Nature From The PE Lady’s Mum

I got to work yesterday morning and I found, what looked like a little pile of material and a note waiting for me on my desk.
Cooking ApronOn closer inspection it was two aprons and a note …… from the PE Lady ….
Handmade apronIt seems that my new job as Food Technician in the Food Department and our taking over the gardening duties at Chateau Castle Greyskull has caused the poor PE Lady’s mum several sleepless nights worrying  robustly about our clothes getting soiled.
Christmas Apron…… and as such, had taken to her sewing machine like a woman possessed and had fashioned Darrell and I a beautiful apron apiece of very gay apparel.  Needless to say mine was on before you could say Anthea Redfern Turner ….
003….. and I immediately went to road test it in my “beloved” department.  I can report that it afforded me excellent protection whilst I performed my Monday morning fridge rotation ……
Laundry…… and duties of a laundry type nature …. I was overwhelmed by my lovely gift ….. as was Darrell when I gave him his, he tried to sniff in a manly fashion, but I knew he was mahooosively choked.  THANK YOU PE LADY’S MUM …… WE LOVE YOU!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How splendid they look too. Kindness warms the cockles of one's heart. (I didn't know hearts had cockles, but that's for another day) Can she send me an apron too - perleese?
JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Really great looking aprons; very attractive and multi useful....so very thougtful and a lovely gift ....Dianne

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! So very thoughtful of her and you wear it so well! x

marc said...

that so kind of her and they look so well made love them but there is just one thing that i think needs to be brought to the attention of all you kind folks there are 3boys and poor little Nigel often gets left out i have 3 girls( My dogs)and if i leave one out of things it only leads to tears before bedtime also Nigel being so small its hard to find things for him , if some one who could sew wanted to make some extra cash you could make some pin money for christmas if they made little trousers to fit Nigel and sold them on ebay esty ect as there are none out there just a thought you talented ladies little jeans shorts i am sure Nigel would send you his measurements as they are a little strange lol big love marc

Anonymous said...

GREAT IDEA, Marc....Nigel size clothes and accessories are sooo hard to comeby!! there must be many Nigel size monkeys waiting for stylish outfits for every occasion....Dianne

Mr.D said...

Well done PE lady's mum! Great idea Marc.

Mr.D said...

PE lady's mum - you are wonderful. Marc - that is a very good suggestion too.