Tuesday 7 August 2012

Nigel Visits Chester Zoo

Nigel was like a bottle of fizzy pop as he waved goodbye to us from the back seat of Tom’s car after Lucy had invited him to be her special guest on her birthday weekend to Chester, he was most effervescent!
Chester ZooThey arrived at Chester Zoo just as the gates opened without incident, the travel sickness bands that we had put on Nigel’s arms, feet and waist obviously worked!
Chester Zoo elephantsNigel embraced every single animal, metaphorically speaking …. although I dare say he would have embraced them all in the physical sense too had he been allowed.Chester Zoo Giraffes Tom and Laura said that Nigel had impressed them by refraining from making comments about the smell and mahoooosive size of some of the animals pooh, though he did point a couple of times.
Walkers QuaversAnd at lunch time he also remembered all his P’s and Q’s and selected a bag of Quavers as his crunchy savoury snack of choice as a most suitable accompaniment to his All Day Breakfast seeded baguette, the price of which made Tom visibly wince!
Chester Zoo OkapiNigel said that one of the most interesting parts of the zoo had been his visit to the Secret World of the Okapi, which sounded most mysterious, but when asked if he could furnish us with any further information he went very quiet and said “The sign said secret ... so I swore that when I came out I would not divulge the clandestine knowledge viz a viz the Okapi I had learned, but would instead hold it all within myself …. forever!”  What is he like?Ostrich Chester Zoo
However when asked what his VERY favourite part the jaunt was he replied without hesitation that it had undoubtedly his encounter with an ostrich …….

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed my little jaunt around Chester Zoo. And looking at that last photo of Nigel and the ostrich - I think the ostrich is in lurvvve with our little Nige! I can make out a little fluttering of the eyelashes there. Mind in the video I think she is playing hard to get. Females - you can never work them out!
JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Dear Nigel, what exemplary behavior.....and so trustworthy...the Okapi never need worry about the secrets divulged to loyal Nigel....hmmmm, wonder if David A. needs a young, eager to learn, proven himself to be discreet, VERY well mannered young monkey to be part of his team...Best wildlife wishes...Dianne

marc said...

i would have worried about nigels boys bits the way that big bird monster thing was heading he could have lost it in a second best saty wel clear of those wild beasts
big worried love marc

Mr.D said...

More like the ostrich's encounter with Nigel? I have eaten ostrich but I will think twice in the future to avoid the wrath of Nigel.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

Feel free to surf to my page ... porta potty rental Gary