Monday 29 August 2011

Nigel Spends His Pirate Windfall

Treasure on the beach
The other day Nigel found 62p on the beach while building sandcastles.  For Nigel, this was akin to winning the Euromillions Lottery, so we advised him to think very carefully before investing/spending it.
Nigels necklace
After  several days of great angst and consideration, and now all the pirates seem to have gone, Nigel asked Darrell if he could take him down to one of the gift shops in the the town as he knew exactly what he wanted to spend his good fortune on ….
Nigels necklace 2
For 60p he bought an enchanting necklace with seashells and bells on, “What a wonderful memento of our holiday” mused Darrell “Bells and shells ….. so very Nigel”  With just 2p left Nigel and Darrell then nipped into the amusement arcade and chanced it on the Penny Falls …. they didn’t win anything ….. but the memories they shared on their little trip were prize enough!

3 comments:

Hettie said...

Well done Nigel on your find at the seaside! I picked up one of your cousins today. Once he has gotten used to us I will take a picture and put him on my blog for you to meet him!

Hettie said...

Well done Nigel on your find at the seaside! I picked up one of your cousins today. Once he has gotten used to us I will take a picture and put him on my blog for you to meet him!

Mr. D said...

I just had a deja vu experience. Funny as I am reading "The Time Traveller's Wife" at the moment.
Someone does have a thing for inflation-hit penny falls.