Tuesday 3 May 2011

Clothing A Monkey On A Budget

It’s often remarked on how well we dress and I thought that I would divulge one of our little fashion secrets ….. carboot sales!
Carboot Sale Wolverhampton
I know I spoilt Darrell with his Batman shirt on Saturday, but with carboot sales rife in this area over the Bank Holiday weekend I thought I would go and have a rootle to see what I could find of an on trend type nature……
Wolverhampton Car Boot sale
…… to demonstrate how a little money can go a very long way if you are prudent ……
Fashion On A Budget
Darrell was a very willing model when I got home, here he is modelling a check cotton shirt, bought for 20p, smart when worn buttoned up, casual when worn over a t-shirt.
Gok Wan Fashionista
Here we see Darrell modelling a another shirt,  looking very much part of the nautical set.  Notice how professional he is looking with his hand casually resting on his hip.  This effortless fashion cost just 60p
Jimmy Choos
And the boots, a snip again at 20p, not Converse, but it’s hard to tell the difference  ….. I hope Gok Wan is reading this, as he is my main fashion influence, though, if he asked Darrell (or me) to walk down a catwalk naked, I know what the answer would be!! But, if he asked Nigel ….. that would be a completely different matter!
Picture 226
Finally,  Darrell is modelling a very “him” type tank top, embroidered on the front with a guitar motif, again only costing 20p
Guitar Detail
Darrell has done me proud, I wonder if I should enter him in Britain’s Next Top model?  I’m sure he would win.
Fashion Mentor
Look at that face …… it’s got Calvin Klein written all over it!
Gorgeous Boy

2 comments:

Mr.D - non fashionista said...

Top fashion at top prices.
Looking good.

marc said...

GREAT LOOKS SO ON TREND VINTAGE IS SO IN ITS NEVER SECONHAND OR CARBOOT BUT OLD SKOOL OR VINTAGE WELL DONE BOYS I MUST GET MARC TO TAKE ME BIG SHOW BIZ WAVE HUGH