Tuesday 17 May 2011

Arrivederci Wolverhampton Darrell …..

How does he do it?  Last night I’d been pacing up and down waiting for Darrell, as he was very late coming home for his tea (which is an almost unknown event). As I got it out of the oven for about the tenth time to check that it wasn’t too dried up, I got a hushed phone call from him saying that he hadn’t got very long to explain, but he’d just finished doing a rush job at the girls school, photocopying the itineraries etc.  for the Rome Trip that was leaving that night………
Darrell in Bag
……. when, somehow, as he put the papers in the bag, he had inadvertently toppled in and got zipped up, his muffled pleas for release unheard …. ….. and was now at the airport waiting to board a plane to The Papal City ………
  Airport
He said I was not to fret, he would be fine and would see me in 5 days time………
Manchester Airport
Do you know,  I’m not entirely sure this is the unfortunate accident he has portrayed it to be ….. I’ve seen the books about gladiators and the Coliseum and Pompeii under his bed …..
 Pompeii 1
Hmmmmmm, I think I’ve been scurrilously hoodwinked!
Reading about Pompeii

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

Up Pompeii? Have a great trip. Has he been studying Latin? I did O-level and maybe can help him with some of the translations. Cave canem. Amo, amas, amat.
Vale Darrell.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Darrell, Carpe Diem eh?
He has no choice but to relax and enjoy, so Monkey, try to enjoy the trip vicariously! But yeah, I been had!

marc said...

Mr D so glad your back we missed your words of wisdom it sounds like Darrell will have in Italy a a week full of culture like your weekend was big love marc
Monkey i to think Darrell has made all this happen is his pocket money box empty is there jars of marmite missing are cloths of a sunny nature gone astray if so then it seems you are right big love marc

Mr.D said...

Marc, thank you for your kind words. Darrell is a very lucky monkey wangling another trip.

Darrell said...

Mr D you are pre-empting the itinary!!!