Monday 30 August 2010

Sad, Sad News to Impart on A Bank Holiday ..........

Remember my little Christmas trees?
Picture 219
Alas, they are no more.  I blame myself, I never gave it a second thought, when e-mailing Darrell from Turkey, to tell him to water them in my absence. 
Picture 218
As French gardeners, in France, have been known to say in such situations “Quelle dommage, ils est mort”
Picture 220
I don’t think there is anything we can do, but I thought I would try them in our little green house for a while, perhaps the warmth will revive them.
Picture 224
Poor Darrell is very upset, but I’ve explained to him that Mother Nature can be cruel at times, and not every fledgling Christmas Tree is destined to "deck the halls".
Picture 222
Far La La, La La La Laaaaaaa!

2 comments:

MoonDoggie said...

Aw that's a shame. My little Christmas tree didn't fare much better one year.
If they DO revive, I think you can consider that your Christmas miracle ;)

Mr. D said...

I don't think they will be decking the halls. Maybe they will deck the flower bed as mulch.