Thursday 5 November 2009

Remember, Remember, the 5th of November


Bonfire Night isn’t what it used to be. You don’t see guy masks in the newsagents shops any more and the morning after never smells how it used to do in days gone by.
 Picture 145
I only have a few sparklers, a glow in the dark bangle and a huge bag of Haribo marshmallows to toast on a twig over our small but bijou bonfire for this years celebrations.

But, I shall have a traditional bonfire night tea of minestrone soup, followed by a baked potato and sausages, with the toasted marshmallows for a yummy pudding!
Then I shall write my name with my sparkler, whilst remembering Mr Fawkes and his ill fated plot and St Catherine and her wheel.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Your supper sounds yummy ...I do know what you mean but deep down I would prefer them to be banned from being sold in shops. Too many children get hurt ... not forgetting what some monsters do to animals ...especially cats.
Maybe there should be more organized displays ...under licence .... but keep sparklers ...I too used to write names with them.xx